I will be applying to two possible openings for acute care. I need to focus my resume to reflect on my experiences, even though I have not actually worked in the ICU, ED, or the OR before.
Here’s what I will focus on.
- My time as a Navy Medical Corpsman with the Marine Corps
- Assisting with colposcopy procedures at Women’s Health at UCLA
- should I also mention assisting in pap smears?
- Calculating dosages according to research protocol
- At cardiac catheterization, being available while they administered novel drug therapies to replace Plavix
- During oncology research, I directed the correct dose to be used for intravenous therapy of experimental drugs as well as biochemotherapy
- I also knew how to adjust it when needed and if there was an emergency
- Being the sole caregiver for bedridden patients in home health–all of whom had ventilators